Friday, October 22, 2010

FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING

Art is my first love, my earliest memory and my passion. Of all the mediums - drawing is the first breath, the most eloquent gesture, the primary source for all that follows. As Andrew Wyeth said...

"I love the quality of the pencil. It helps me get to the core of a thing, and it doesn't compete with painting. With pencil I can study things in detail - it gives me architectural structure - but the color stays like a dream in the back of my mind until I come to paint."



Andrew Wyeth


Andrew Wyeth


Graydon Parrish, Genius - Hirschl & Adler


Jordan Sokol, Laura - Florence Academy


Kent Bellows, Jackie - Forum Gallery


Edward Minoff, Profile 2 - John Pence Gallery


D. Jeffrey Mims, Allegory - Ann Long Fine Art


Ben Long, Hospice Standing Figure - Ann Long Fine Art


Steven Assael, Nichol


Tony Curanaj, Profile - John Pence Gallery


Nicholas Hiltner, Figure Study with Foot Detail - John Pence Gallery


Jacob Collins, Self Portrait - John Pence Gallery


Annigoni


Annigoni

1 comment: